SC/ST CELL REPORT 2016-2017 Dr. Yashodhara Varale – Convenor Mr. Ashok Sable(Librarian) – Member
A special Cell for the welfare of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes in our college has come into existence for effective implementation of the programmes and policies of reservation. The SC/ST Cell awards E-scholarship, free ship to all category students such as SC,ST,VJNT,OBC,SBC and contingency grants for Research Fellowship for Ph.D.students.students.SC/ST cell conducted facilities awareness programme, free diploma courses, skill development, career guidance, placement through campus interview and personality development programmes .
SC/ST Cell Activities
Objectives of the cell:
- To resolve all problems related to the SC/ST teachers , Non-teaching staff and students of the college
- To avail the benefits of SC/ST reservation.
- To provide guidance for UPSC, MPSC Exams.
- To conduct Career guidance and Personality Development Programmes for students.
- Free Diploma courses Training programme
- Job placement with stipend
- Guest lectures
- Orientation programme
All objectives fulfilled by implementing various activities conducted by SC/ST cell
- Free Diploma Courses only for Sc students in “ Fashion Retail Management ” through All India Institute of Local Self Govt. , Chanakya Institute of Management Studies and Research on 25th July 2013 In this course 76 students were taken admission , 54 students have been trained and offered placement in the Retail Sector in three batches.
- Organized guest lecture for all category students on “Power of Handwriting ” A certificate Course of Handwriting and Signature Analysis Through Mr. Rajesh Jahuari , Handwriting Analyst on 30th July 2013
- Free Diploma Courses only for Sc students in “ Fashion Retail Management” & BPO ( Business Process Outsourcing ) â€ through All India Institute of Local Self Govt. , Chanakya Institute of Management Studies and Research on 7th August 2014.
- Organized one day Orientation Programme on “Global Sucess Foundation ” on December 2014 38 students were participated in this orientation programme.
- Organized Seminar on “ GEI ( Global Education Interact by The Chopras ” the first global Education corporate in India on 23 rd January 2014. 48 Students were attended this seminar.
- Organized seminar on “ Stress Management and communication skill” on 27th January 2015. 39 students were participated in this seminar.
SC/ST Cell has organized a “Street Play” in association with â€ Global Success Foundation â€(NGO) on â€Self Employabilityâ€ to making awareness among the public on 25th February 2015.
- SC/ST cell has organized a workshop only for sc students a free diploma courses in â€Fashion Retail Managementâ€ through All India Institute of Local Self Govt. Chanakya Institute of Management studies & Research on Tuesday 1st December 2015. 23 students were participated in this workshop.
- students Attended Two Days workshop on “ Environmental Issues” at Nagindas khondwala collegeof commerce, Arts & Management studies & Shantaben Nagindas Khondwala college of science , Malad(west) on dated 16th & 17th Februry 2016. 6 students participated.
- SC/ST cell organized Workshop on “ Recruitment Security Agents CSI-Cargo Airport Mumbai” conducted by Global Aviation Services Pvt , Ltd.by Mr.Jignesh Agaria On Friday 29/07/2016 Also conducted Interview n 25 students were selected.
- SC/ST cell has organized a Guest Lecture on “ Human Resource Management & Job Opportunities In India ” by Mr.Jignesh Agaria on Tuesday 29th September 2016.
- SC / ST cell has organized a Guest lecture on “ Guidelines for UPSC & MPSC Examination” on Friday by Prof. A.S. Zende on Friday 31st September 2016
SC/ST Cell Activities