About the Centre
Dr. Ambedkar College of Commerce and Economics, Wadala, Mumbai Research Centre is affiliated to University of Mumbai and is offering Doctoral Programme as per the rules of University of Mumbai. The research centre established in the year 2010.
The main objective of the Dr. Ambedkar College of Commerce and Economics, Wadala, Mumbai Research Centre is to promote research and development activities not only among teaching faculty but also professionals from the Industry.
At present, the Centre has an intake capacity of 18 research scholars under 3 Ph.D guides. So far 6 research scholars are conferred Ph.D degree of University of Mumbai.
Composition of Centre
|Sr. No.||Name of the Staff||Designation|
|01||Dr. Jayshree Iyeer,||I/C Principal|
|02||Dr.S.R. Kamble||Research Guide|
|03||Dr. Raj Ankush Soshte||Co-ordinator and Research Guide|
|04||Dr. Reshma More||Research Guide|
|05||Mr. Biru Shelke||Administrative Staff|
Functions the Centre
- To monitor the research activities of the college.
- To evolve ethical code to adhere to fundamental and ethical conventions during research activities.
- To discourage plagiarism while conducting research.
- To Motivate Research guides and research scholars to engage in creative and innovative research
- To motive research guide and scholars to participate in Course work, various national and international conferences/ seminars etc.
- To motivate research guide and research scholars to published their papers in UGC Care list and high impact factor journals
- To Inculcate interdisciplinary approach while designing research projects.
- To Organize research methodology workshops to train students in research skills.
- To Supervise and guide students for participation in “Avishkar” activity of University of Mumbai.
- To Earmark budget for research activities.
Activities the Centre
- To regulate admissions of Ph.D. research scholars as per the rules and regulations of University of Mumbai.
- To administered the Ph.D. research programme at our centre.
- To hold the meetings of expert committees (Research advisory committees) to continuously monitor the progress of Ph.D. research scholars in accordance with the rules and regulations of University of Mumbai.
- Conducted various seminars/ guest lectures for the research guides and research scholars on Research Methodology.
- Guided students belongs to JRF for application to UGC for the scholarships.