History Of The College
Dr. Ambedkar College of Commerce and Economics was established in June, 1972 under the umbrella of the People’s Education Society founded by Bharat-Ratna Dr. B. R. Ambedkar (An Architect of Indian Constitution).It is ideally located in the heart of Centre Mumbai on Tilak Road Extension, Opp. B.E.S.T. Depot, Wadala, Mumbai – 400 031. The College is the equidistant from DADAR and WADALA Railway Stations and is served by a number of BEST buses routes. The college was started with the aim to cater and spread knowledge through higher education among the underprivileged
sections of the society, more particularly to SC, ST and other backward communities. The college, affiliated to the University of Mumbai is run by dedicated, experienced and qualified staff.The college offers HSC in Commerce in Junior College along with MCVC courses and B.Com in Degree College.We also conduct Professional Courses line B.Com.(Banking and Insurance), B.Sc.(IT) (Bachelor of Science in Information Technology) and Post-Graduate Courses namely M.Com.(A/C and Banking & Finance) and also Ph.D. . The college has more than 7000 students in JUNIOR, DEGREE and SELF-FINANCE COURSES. Along with studies, the college encourages co-curricular activities. In an on-going programme, our college endeavors to help students in their overall development. The College Campus has well maintained ground and also big sports ground situated at Naigaon Cross Road, Wadala.
- To become a premier Institution in providing higher education in the general and commerce education in particular, to deprived students in the city of Mumbai.
- To spread knowledge through higher education among the socially and economically down-trodden sections of the society.
- To give education in such manner to promote intellectual, moral and social democracy. This is what wanted in modern India as envisioned by the founder of this Institution and the Modest Son of India Bharat Ratna Bodhisatva ” Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar “
- To uplift oppressed masses through education. ‘A New Vision of Dignity, Self-Respect, Self-Reliance and Self-Dignity.’
- To spread high values like ‘Pradnya and Karuna’ i.e. knowledge and compassion in one’s life through education.
- To integrate the latest technological and other resources in the process of imparting education.